Cant play after installing Wrath of The Lich King
Hey.

Just bought Wrath of The Lich King (might be late, but hey! Just been playing for 4 months) in order to upgrade my account. AFTER installing and patching it up (already have all the Cata-patches, 4.0.3a) i wasn gonna play, and it said I had to log into my Battle.Net account, and write my CD-Key into the Redemptioner (no, not that way), and so I did. After i had done that, it said I had upgraded the account smoothly and I was fit for some WoW, but not in this century!

I tried to log in first by using my Desktop-button, but it didnt work, then I tried to use the "Play" option from the Wotlk-installer. Same thing. From now on, I hate the sentence "Launcher requires write permission to the world of Warcraft Registry Key to succesfully locate and run the game. Please enable write access to the Registry Key using an Administrator Account" (and I have a strange feeling it should be a "moron!" in the end).

But, I AM on an Administrator-account.

And I have already put in my CD-Key.

And the Support dont feel like an option before I ask you guys.

So, first one to tell me what I need to do gets a virtual cookie!

PS. Im using Windows XP, and the other thread about this error was closed and since the starting-text didnt give me the answers i thought i could try here. If Im an idiot, please close this thread and leave me alone with my problems =) DS.

PS2. And its the "normal" Edition of the game, and I do NOT have a subscription, I buy 2-month-codes in-store. And I live in Sweden, using European servers. DS2.

/Delerei on Moonglade.This article may be helpful:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/917101910I have really hard to find out if someones messin around with me on the Internet, but that was the thread i referred to in my first post

26/01/2011 6:32 PMPosted by Delerei
I have really hard to find out if someones messin around with me on the Internet, but that was the thread i referred to in my first post

I must have missed that. :P

Did you buy a retail copy of the game?

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS