Not urgent: FPS sometimes caps at 54.
Hey, sometimes when i load WoW i login and my FPS caps at 54 with vertical sync, it should cap at 60 and when it caps at 54 i notice a bit of stutter with my FPS, anyone know the cause and hopefully the solution? It fixes when i relaunch WoW but its a pain to do that every time.

Ive heard it could be something to do with the "Timingmethod" in the config file, any thoughts?
it should cap at 60 and when it caps at 54 i notice a bit of stutter with my FPS, anyone know the cause and hopefully the solution?

Vertical sync requires a considerable amount of processing power in order to cap your FPS at 60, and its this requirement that causes your FPS to fall below 60 (depending on how powerful your system is).Im afraid i didnt explain it well enough, my fps is always capped at 60 but sometimes when i login it wont go above 54, completely closing WoW down and relaunching fixes the problem.

I never go below 60 FPS even in the middle of org on a full server with max settings.

a friend of mine said its due to the timingmethod being automatic, he couldnt tell me what to change it to though but did say it can be changed.Make sure your monitors refresh rate is set to 60.

Try deleting your WTF and Cache folders.

Also make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date.

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS