Failed to initalize WoW.mfil on clicking play
Good evening boys and girls, it seems I cant play WoW at the moment due to this error failed to initalize WoW.mfil

The launcher comes up, patches fully downloaded, I click play, but the message always comes up, followed by a report error window, which I cant use.. because after the original error message appears- my internet just goes down (appears as online.. but when I try and re-open WoW, or open a web page... in firefox or internet explorer... in online mode, they will show as ofline)

To get my internet back online I have to shutdown my laptop, turn of my router, and then turn them back on again.. its a great pain..

Ive tried..

-Deleting the WoW.mfil & WoW.tfil files and using the repair/launching again
-When I use the repair it detects no problems at all
-It was working fine before I installed itunes onto my computer

When I first began to not work (and show the error) I did a system restore to before I installed itunes.. and it worked fine.

But now Ive reinstalled itunes, I cannot system restore to an earlier date.. Ive browsed the forums and FAQ for the last 2 days.. and Im getting very fustrated now, since Ive lost out on 2 days worth of game time..

Any help is much apprecieted.. thank you so much.Can you go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options> Connections> LAN settings and make sure that you Select Automatically Detect settings.

Also make sure that you haveUse Automatic configuration Script and Use a Proxy server not checked.

Additionally, please make sure than Offline Mode in Internet Explorer is not active.
Keep in mind if youre behind a proxy, WoW dont support proxies and youve to find one way to bypass that proxy, for example ,via its karmakazam, will try this when I get home..Ill check in both my browsers options.. Thanks very much.

Will also try that proxy, cheers.
FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment