Need help with new pc
Hey, im thinking of returning to wow but in order to do that i need a new computer since my laptop wont run WoW anymore after all these new graphical improvements. Anyhow, ive always settled for low settings and would like to enjoy the game abit more but still stay in the budget. I decided to build my own, but im not expert with computers, especially what todays games require to run on high settings. Ive come up with this:

TakeMS 4 GB DDR3-1333 Kit
Phenom II X2 555BE/AM3 3.20GHz
Powercolor AX5770 1GB GDDR5
Corsair PSU 500W 12CM ATX12V2.2 80+
Samsung F3 3.5" 1TB SATAII 32MB 7200rpm
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Also i have good motherboard and top quality case that should keep the computer cool.

I know its not high end computer and i probably shouldve added 50$ to get quad-core, but as far as i know WoW runs just as good with 2 cores.

Thing is, to make sure im getting what im looking for i need to hear from someone who knows better that what this computer will be able to do. I want to play WoW on high settings and maybe some other games.

Thanks.
Thing is, to make sure im getting what im looking for i need to hear from someone who knows better that what this computer will be able to do. I want to play WoW on high settings and maybe some other games.

You will indeed be able to play the game on Ultra settings, however, you may need reduce the Shadow Quality to avoid unnecessary FPS loss.

Phenom II X2 555BE/AM3 3.20GHz

This CPU is more than good enough for WoW.

WoW runs just as good with 2 cores.

WoW is optimised for dual-core CPUs.

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS