Igfx driver stopped responding

I have played this game for around 4 years and i have had nothing like this happen to me before. As soon as i log in to world of warcraft my screen flashes black a few times and then a blue error screen comes up then crashes, this has only started happening after i installed cataclysm. Due to this i am very tempted to quit world of warcraft as i cannot play my characters which makes the game pointless.

My system is-
Operating System:
Windows (Service Pack 2
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed (GHz:
System Memory (GB:
Video Card Model:
Intel(R G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Video Card Driver:
Desktop Resolution:
Hard Disk Size (GB:
Hard Disk Free Space (GB:

Is anyone else having this problem or had it?
Please respond

This is most likely linked to the graphic chipset your using and that the driver support is limited or does not fully support the shader effects used in-game.

Outside of getting a supported dedicated graphic card, where possible, you can try disabling the Shaders used in-game.

1 Close down the game
2 Locate the World of Warcraft installer folder
3 Open WTF/Config.wtf with Notepad
4 Add the following line to the end of that file SET FixedFunction "1"
5 Save that file then restart the game.

This should reduce or stop the crashes.

Thanks ive been trying to sort it out for 5 days! Its working for the time being ;

Better find a way to get this issue fixed. I am having the exact same issue here with a brand new system that I bought a month ago after my old one got fried during the beta. Started out with simply freezing my display while sound kept working. And after a while Id get the blue screen. I figured it was my graphics card (geforce 8800 GTX that died since after a while my display would remain black at startup. so I bought a new rig with the following system specs:

system manufacturer and model: Gygabyte Technology Co., L td. Model: X58A-UD5
Processor: Intel(R Core(TM i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs, 3.2GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 480, 1,5 GB memory, Driver nvd3dumx.dll
Resolution 1680 x 1050
Harddisk space: 1TB, 762 GB free space

And now I am having the same symptoms. Graphical jerking to the point where my screen eventually freezes. No blue screen as I simply rebooted instead of sitting around and waiting for it to happen. Ive had no trouble with any other single game Ive tested on this system and now youre gonna tell to get a new graphics card or whatever? Im not paying another cent for new hardware. I have to settle with disabling the shaders to play your game? Come on!!! Ive been playing for almost 6 years now no problems ever. These issues only turned up recently since cataclysm (beta, your problem blizzard! not mine. fix it!

I have problemes with my ialmrnts diplay driver.......it stops redponding.Its so frustrating, in my mind blizzard had every solitio for THEIR gome.Aparently, up to now they dont.
Can the probleme be fixed if I downloaded a display driver from the net?

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment