2011 Macbook Pro 17

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new Macbook pro, I have been quite happy with the general performance of the machine, BUT in WoW its been poor to say the least, my much lesser speced PC runs wow far smoother than this Laptop. I have been reading about proving people running far lesser Macs with everything on Ultra, I know for a fact that this machine could not do that. I tried to Raid lastnight, caused one wipe and logged back into my PC.

Its Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5 so Im really surprised and upset, considering returning it just because of WoW!

Im fully up-to-date with regards to OS patches, does anyone have any suggestions for me or is this just how WoW runs on a Mac?

Portal 2 is a bit stuttery as well so Im getting a little worried, perhaps I should have bought an Alienware...

Hello,

Could you please test the game whilst having sunshafts set to Disabled, liquid details and shadows set to Low?

Also, please uninstall all of your addons prior to testing.

Ok so with that and my vertical sync disabled I get 20 - 60 FPS in SW with all the settings on default. What FPS should I expect as an average?

James

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS