Background Downloader Crashing My Internet!!!!!

Please Help Me I Paid For MoP Deluexe And A Patch Came Out Yesturday And As Soon As It Opens Like 20 Seconds And Internet In The Whole House Has Gone, I Have Tried Absolute Everything And Nothing Is Working :/

EDIT: This Only Happens With The Background Downloader And Nothing Else, Just This Seems To Crash The Internet

Hi Dragonshot,

My observations suggest that the downloader hogs ALL bandwidth so nothing else can get a look in - this happened to me.

Basically I saw that a large (blemmin huge download had kicked off so I thought Id let it be while I surfed etc. All attempts at a browser session failed with "page not found, check your internet connection" or words to that effect. Only killing the downloader helped.

In the end I stopped the download so I could play, then later re-enabled it (closed client after play, re-opened it, brought up the connection window & saw it kick off again over night while I slept.

So yes, downloading this patch can indeed appear to "crash the internet" but its just being a greedy bandwidth hog. I myself only have a 4mbit connection (circa 400kB/s or so download and it hammered me. Likely those with good connections, such as fibre, dont even notice :

Cheers,

Scoob.

I Manage To Download It Thanks

It Wasnt My Internet Connection I Think My Cable Cant Take My Downloading Speed So It Cuts Out Because Of It, Thats My Suggestion.

Thanks

Dragonshot.

Hi Dragonshot,

My observations suggest that the downloader hogs ALL bandwidth so nothing else can get a look in - this happened to me.

Basically I saw that a large (blemmin huge download had kicked off so I thought Id let it be while I surfed etc. All attempts at a browser session failed with "page not found, check your internet connection" or words to that effect. Only killing the downloader helped.

In the end I stopped the download so I could play, then later re-enabled it (closed client after play, re-opened it, brought up the connection window & saw it kick off again over night while I slept.

So yes, downloading this patch can indeed appear to "crash the internet" but its just being a greedy bandwidth hog. I myself only have a 4mbit connection (circa 400kB/s or so download and it hammered me. Likely those with good connections, such as fibre, dont even notice :

Cheers,

Scoob.

i have 80mb fibre optic connection, and it does effect me, i can only stream 4 movies at a time instead of 10, and only download 5-10 torrents at a rate of a measly 4mbs. (joke

but seriously it does effect fibre optics too.

it doesnt really help that the download speed for me flutters between 10kbs - 1mbs, which is low considering my connection. ive tried all sorts but to no avail.

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS