Random freezing ingame

Hey, so I just wanted to know if anyone knows what might be causing this problem and how I can fix it?
The game just locks up randomly for a period of time anywhere from 20 seconds to about 3 minutes. I can still move the mouse, but after a few seconds the entire PC locks up until wow unfreezes.
I have done a full format and reinstall of the game and everything else but it still carried on, the PC temperatures of everything seem ok, so I have no idea about it. Its been going on for a few weeks now, and its really starting to bug me because it makes raiding a total nightmare.
Thanks in advance for any replies i get.

I had a similar problem, might not be the same but mine was down to a not so good nvidia driver. I believe there is a new beta driver that fixes the issue so if you have an nvidia graphics card and your updates are set to only Alpha versions. Change this and download the latest BETA driver.

I have only just installed it, it seems to work better though havent played for any length of time with this driver to say the problem has completely gone away but its not crashed so far *fingers crossed*

Thanks, I have just downloaded and installed, hopefully it will sort it out!
Will post what happens.

Mine does this exact same thing. Theres no chance you could explain this solution in slightly simpler terms? Im completely out of my depth when it comes to computers Im afraid. :P

Sapphos if you show me a DxDiag, Ill give you a direct link and detailed instructions. :

• Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
  • Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK.
  • This will open the DirectX Diagnostic tool.
  • Click on the Save All Information Button.
  • Save this file to your Windows desktop.
  • Open this file with Notepad, and select all of the text.
  • Copy it all, then paste it into the thread.
  •  
    FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS