Blizzard installer has stopped working

Hey, Ive just reinstalled my operating system and tried to install WoW but Im having a problem. I downloaded the client installer from battle net but after I run it, while its installing it always crashes and says "Blizzard installer has stopped working" it does that at around 4%.
I tried disabling all antivirus and firewall software as well as trying from safe mode + networking, also my windows user account has admin rights.

What the heck is going on?

Posted by Zaddy

Ive just tried to run as administrator, nothing changes unfortunately.

Can someone help me please? I even tried downloading the trial client and it gives the exact same error...

Edit: This is what Ive tried so far:

1. Install from DVD - doesnt work because it gives an error saying it cannot open some file.
2. Download client from battle.net - doesnt work because it says Installer has stopped working.
3. Download the trial client streaming] - doesnt work because it gives same error as above.
4. Install from DVD with a different DVD drive - doesnt work because I get same error as 1.
5. Install from DVD on a different HDD - same error as above.
6. Try with wired connection instead of wireless, both DVD and download - exact same errors.
7. Try both DVD and download on a whole different computer - same errors.
8. Safe mode + networking - exact same problems.
9. Run as administrator - absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Ive been playing for 4 years and Ive never had a problem like this before. Is there a solution?

Sorry for bumping, I made some progress and I dont see the point of making a new thread so Ill just keep it in here.

I checked windows firewall again and it said it was disabled, but then I went to advanced settings and there it said it was turned on, so I turned it off and tried again and now it downloaded the launcher and everything. But now it gives a message saying: "Your game installation is damaged, please run repair". So I ran repair and ofcourse nothing was wrong. So I tried running BackgroundDownloader and now its downloading patch 4.3.3-4.3.4 and its 15.4gb in size. My question is if I let this download will it work or is it just a waste of time?

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS