laptop poor specs, or other problem?(fps)

Hi, i used to play wow and have now got back into it, when i play in the orc starting zone i get 30-35 fps an sometimes up to 60, but as soon as i go anywhere near a major town/city like orgrimar my fps goes down to about 9...
my specs are dell inspiron 1545 Pentium(R Dual-Core CPU T4500 @2.30GHZ 4.00gb ram 64 bit operating system...

now what could i do to help this? could i buy a new graphics card or install more ram? im not great with with computers or laptops, so help would be appreciated, thanks

Please paste a DxDiag into the thread.

Thank you.

• Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
  • Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK.
  • This will open the DirectX Diagnostic tool.
  • Click on the Save All Information Button.
  • Save this file to your Windows desktop.
  • Open this file with Notepad, and select all of the text.
  • Copy it all, then paste it into the thread.

• Additionally, it would be helpful to know if you have downloaded and installed the 64-bit World of Warcraft client or not. Doing so will result in an increase to system performance.

also i dont have a great download speed as we havent recieved fibre optic yet(just moved house... could this help?

i just clicked play for free then im going to upgrade but i want to know if i can improve the fps and overall performance before i do so.

Id say the game would suffer from an unreliable connection moreso than a poor speed, however it wont be perfectly immune to either. You could always ring your ISP and ask for them to perform a check on the line. Its all but instant, and they often find issues they can fix on their end.

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS