Error: Could not establish to connection to downloader

Hi, ive come back to WoW about two month ago, everything has been running smoothly and i have been downloading the latest 21 gig update through the downloader, the last time i checked the download was at 20 gig.

I came on to play today and when i try and run WoW i get the error "Could not establish to connection to downloader and updater" although the adverts load on the splash screen, I REALLY dont want to uninstall and reinstall because the process takes about 3 - 4 days for me.

The error message appear instantly just about half a second after the slash screen has loaded but which continues to load adverts for pre-orders of MoP, everything else to do with the internet (Games, Browser, Downloads ect ect, all of which I do not have running when i try to start WoW, are running fine or as normal

The following are the steps ive already taken:

Tried WoW repair

Tried Power cycling Router

Tried disabling Anti-virus and adding exceptions to firewall
(Once the above step failed i tried completely disabling firewall, even though its been active during the 21 gig download with no problems

Tried port forwarding

Tried DNSFLUSH

I would greatly apprieciate some help with this matter, if you cant help, thank you
reading anyway.

Ok the update download has actually finished it seems that this is the only difference in circumstance from when WoW functioned to now so there must be a problem with this update/patch

Would appreciate some technical assistance

Unfortunately Im not aware of anyone having this issue who didnt solve it by totally uninstalling their security software temporarily, but Ill give it a shot.

- Open your World of Warcraft folder.
- Move Launcher.exe to the Desktop.
- Open the WTF folder.
- Move Launcher.wtf to the Desktop.
- Run the Repair tool.
- Try using the newly created Launcher.

Thank you for your reply, I tried the above and it did not work but I went into MSCONFIG and disabled all startup programs then restarted the pc which didnt solve the problem but when I changed MSCONFIG back to original settings, as in letting the startup programs start again, the problem seems to have resolved itself.

So its my belief that one of the startup programs was not functioning properly and needed to be, for the lack of a better term, refreshed

All in all the problem is now fixed and i can once again play WoW, thank you for the support

Thank you for your reply, I tried the above and it did not work but I went into MSCONFIG and disabled all startup programs then restarted the pc which didnt solve the problem but when I changed MSCONFIG back to original settings, as in letting the startup programs start again, the problem seems to have resolved itself.

So its my belief that one of the startup programs was not functioning properly and needed to be, for the lack of a better term, refreshed

All in all the problem is now fixed and i can once again play WoW, thank you for the support

Hello!

Im having about the same problem as you did - can you be a little more specific?
Did you disable all autostart programs boxes, rebooted your comp, checked all the autostart programs boxes and then restarted the comp again. And then it worked?

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

Cataclysm is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment

Valid XHTML & CSS